Welcome to our new series Coffee at Home with Roast Master Gary
What gets us up in Uki? Waking to the smell of fresh coffee. And using Bastion Lane Espresso makes it even better.
In this series we’ll show you how to get the best out of your Coffee@Home with our insider tips.
#1 Stove Top
A stove-top brews coffee by passing boiling water pressurised by steam through ground coffee.
It’s similar to espresso coffee as it uses pressure to extract the good stuff enjoyed by espresso or black coffee drinkers.
Grind: espresso or medium-fine
Our Bastion Lane Espresso Online Shop has a drop down menu so you can choose the perfect grind for your coffee maker. Then our packing team knows which grind to use for your order.
To get the best out of your Stove Top:
– always grind your coffee to the correct grind just before you brew it – fresh is best
– if you have your own grinder, use the espresso or medium-fine setting. If you buy your coffee beans in a shop, ask for a stove top/espresso grind setting
– lightly press the coffee down in the basket and remove any grinds left on the basket edge
– don’t over fill or tamp the basket, this will over extract the coffee
– to get a smooth brew, take the coffee maker off the burner just before all the water comes into the top chamber
Coffee beans are best stored at room temperature in an airtight or vacuum sealed container in a cool, dark, dry place.
– always grind your coffee to the correct grind just before you brew it – freshly ground is best
– make sure your coffee maker is clean each time you use it, your coffee could taste bitter if your equipment is dirty
For Stove Top we recommended Bastion Lane:
– Post Master’s
– Alt for all alternative milk lovers
– Decaf for 24/7 coffee drinkers
Need advice on making coffee at home? We’re here to help. Send your questions to Roast Master Gary firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned for next week: Coffee@Home #2 How to Grind
We’ve got you caffeinated.
#bastionlaneespresso #bastionlane #wevegotyoucaffeinated #becomeabastionregular #tweedvalleynsw #northcoastnsw